Terms and Conditions
1. Fees are payable termly in advance and no later than the second class of each new term. If your child turns up to class without the fee having been paid, and unless you have a prior written agreement with MK DANCE as regards fee payment, they will not be allowed to participate. A written reminder for fees not paid after the second class of term will incur a £5 administration charge.
2. Fees are based on a 10-13 week term as indicated on the timetable of MK DANCE.
3. Invoice and remittance notices will be provided at the end of each term for the following term. Submitted fees must be accompanied by a completed remittance advice notice. Please write students name on the back of cheques written out to MK DANCE. If using Internet Banking clearly state invoice number and student name.
ACCOUNT NO - 01706209
SORT CODE - 40 45 17
REFERENCE - Use child’s names as ReferenceHSBC Bank Plc.
If paying by Paypal then please state the invoice number and child’s name. Receipt of payment cannot be confirmed without a completed remittance advice notice.
4. Receipts will only be provided upon request. Fees are subject to change and MK DANCE will notify you in advance of any increase in fees.
5. Your child’s class attendance must be confirmed by the deadline stated on the invoice in order to secure their place for the following term.
6. Half a term’s (i.e. 6 weeks) written notice to the Principal is required for any pupil wishing to discontinue any class or leave the school. If the required notice is not received, the full payment of the pupil’s fees for the following term will be due.
7. Should any pupil wish to discontinue any class or leave the school, refunds for any unused classes will not be given unless there are extenuating circumstances.
8. Prior permission must be sought from any pupil wishing to participate in any external vocational classes, amateur or professional productions and festivals and competitions.
9. Pupils are required to attend class wearing the correct uniform which can be found on out Uniform page. All hair should also be worn in a ballet bun from Grade 4 upwards. No jewellery should be worn during lessons.
10. Please ensure that your child goes to the toilet before class and brings a bottle of water if desired into the studio.
11. MK DANCE do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to property left on the premises.
12. MK DANCE will work towards RAD and ISTD exams. Pupils will only be entered when they have reached the required standard decided by the teacher. Pupils taking Grade exams will be required to attend a compulsory class in the term before the exam takes place. Parents will be notified at the appropriate time. MK DANCE has the right to withdraw any pupil from an examination at any stage.
13. Fees for ballet exams must be returned by the deadline on the form. Late fees will incur a £5.00 charge, assuming the RAD and ISTD will accept a late entry.
14. MK DANCE endeavour to ensure that your children are dancing in a safe and comfortable environment. We ask you to bring and collect your child promptly and provide us with notification of changes in drop off/pick up arrangements, special medical needs etc.
15. Pupils will not be allowed to leave the dance areas until they are collected. Parental permission is required should you wish your child to be allowed to leave unsupervised.
16. All students must be registered for the classes they attend. Unregistered children will not be allowed to participate in the class.
17. Please ensure that MK DANCE receives any changes to pupil’s contact details in writing. All details will be held in strict confidentiality (Data Protection Act 1998) and will not be passed on to outside parties except to the RAD and ISTD for children doing exams.
18. Parents/guardians are invited to watch classes during watch week, which is generally held at the end of each term. MK DANCE reserves the right to cancel watch week. Filming and photography are not allowed except by permission and with the discretion of the teacher during watch week.
19. Pupils will be asked to leave without notice for any serious breach of the school’s terms and conditions or for any other serious misconduct.
20. The school does not discriminate on background, race or religion, regularly monitors staff to maintain school teaching policies and adheres to Health and Safety procedures to ensure that each child dances in a class appropriate to their level of development..
21. From time to time it is necessary for the teachers to use physical contact when helping to improve pupils’ posture or assist in movements. This includes physical contact between students ie. holding hands.
22. Parents and children are expected to respect the premises as a learning environment and should only wait in the communal areas. All rubbish should be places in to bins and only food that does not cause a mess or can be spilled onto flooring should be consumed on the premises. In halls with play areas please respect all toys as these are provided by the premises and damages will result in an increase in fees. If using the kitchen and utensils please clean, dry and replace once finished.
23. I understand and give consent to use of photographs and video recordings from time to time including MK DANCE website/internet for press and promotional development of the school.
24. By enrolling my son/daughter into MK DANCE, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.